Wednesday, 29 January 2014

When is a coffee jar not a coffee jar!

 
Hi All
 
I decided to make something different to the cards I have been doing recently and had in my hand an empty coffee jar at the time.
 
So this is the altered jar.  I painted the jar with distress paints swiping down the length olive and seedless preserve overlapping and drying inbetween.  I then painted a layer of PVA glue in different thicknesses around the jar and more of the olive and seedlesss preserve over the top.   The heat gun dried it an created some cracking and it took on an orangey tint with the two colours blending together.
 
Using a stencil and stencil paste in black on one side of the jar and left it overnight to dry.
 
I used Sheena Douglass silhouette meadow stamps with ripe persimmon and olive distress paint and some pebeo acrylics in red and green on the other three sides and overstamped to get a shadow effect, and I painted and gilded over the raised stencilled area and around the top and bottom of the jar.
Flowers made and coloured to match adorn the top from scrap paper in my stash.
Have no idea what I will use it for but it looks pretty.
                                   
 
 
                                         
 
Thought I would enter these into Hels Sheridan Sunday Stamper whose theme is orange and
 Pixie's Snippet Playground  with the recycled jar.
 
I hope you enjoyed my post and I will be back next week
 
Thanks    Jen
 


 
 


Sunday, 19 January 2014

Floral delight

 
 
Good evening all
 
My post this week is a double floral brooch made in November last year.
 
I made it using silver dupion silk which has been stamped with Sheena Douglas's floral fantasy stamps and coloured using Pebeo bindex and H20 paints, dried and a double sided sticky sheet placed on the back.  I then cut them out and placed onto grunge paper which was then cut out, the back of the grunge paper painted and then it all sealed with a coat of bindex.   I used a pokey tool to pierce through the layers and put wire through an agate bead and through all the layers and wired onto a brooch clip on the back,   wire was wrapped around the layers and kinked to give texture to the layers and finished off with wire coils.
I had great fun making this and have made it using poinsettia stamps for Christmas as well
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my post today, thanks for looking
 
Jenny

Saturday, 4 January 2014


Happy New Year to all.  My resolution is to get to grips with my blog, not doing very well so far. 
Thought I would share a cabinet that my hubbie has made me (3ft x 2ft) and the biggest project I have ever done.   Had 2 days playing and I am pleased with the results.   I painted it with 3 coats of gesso and then used distress inks and stencilled and used paste to raise some areas and added a separate canvas and cogs, flowers and stamped images, now all I need to do is finish the inside  and I am all done.

Thanks for looking and I will be back soon.