Sunday, 19 January 2014

Floral delight

 
 
Good evening all
 
My post this week is a double floral brooch made in November last year.
 
I made it using silver dupion silk which has been stamped with Sheena Douglas's floral fantasy stamps and coloured using Pebeo bindex and H20 paints, dried and a double sided sticky sheet placed on the back.  I then cut them out and placed onto grunge paper which was then cut out, the back of the grunge paper painted and then it all sealed with a coat of bindex.   I used a pokey tool to pierce through the layers and put wire through an agate bead and through all the layers and wired onto a brooch clip on the back,   wire was wrapped around the layers and kinked to give texture to the layers and finished off with wire coils.
I had great fun making this and have made it using poinsettia stamps for Christmas as well
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my post today, thanks for looking
 
Jenny

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, lovely to see your beautiful flowers over at the Snippets Playground. Very interesting reading through your how-to-s, and what a marvelous & unique brooch you have shared here. I never thought about using the H2o's on fabric (well, I'm not terribly adept with them on paper either!). Gave your flowers a lot of sparkle & bet the poinsettia was a gorgeous piece as well. Hope to see you at the playground again. I looked for a follower's list, to join, but only see the google+,which I don't really understand how that works! Good to get to meet you in blogland and at the Playground too.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, truly beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, welcome to the Snippets Playground! I adore the brooch - you clever girl. I'm with Mary on the followers thing - but do please come back to play with us soon!

    Hugs, Di xx (Miss Pixie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your wonderful creation over at the Snippets Playground. Oh! Wow, it is really beautiful, I love it

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Jenny, what a find on my first visit to the Playground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I love it and want it! I must find out about this product because I have Sheena stamps and H2O paints and a roll of silk from my silk painting days. A gorgeous and very clever creation xx

    ReplyDelete