I decided to make something different to the cards I have been doing recently and had in my hand an empty coffee jar at the time.
So this is the altered jar. I painted the jar with distress paints swiping down the length olive and seedless preserve overlapping and drying inbetween. I then painted a layer of PVA glue in different thicknesses around the jar and more of the olive and seedlesss preserve over the top. The heat gun dried it an created some cracking and it took on an orangey tint with the two colours blending together.
Using a stencil and stencil paste in black on one side of the jar and left it overnight to dry.
I used Sheena Douglass silhouette meadow stamps with ripe persimmon and olive distress paint and some pebeo acrylics in red and green on the other three sides and overstamped to get a shadow effect, and I painted and gilded over the raised stencilled area and around the top and bottom of the jar.
Flowers made and coloured to match adorn the top from scrap paper in my stash.
Have no idea what I will use it for but it looks pretty.