Sunday, 23 February 2014

 
 
Good evening all
 
Working for a living is getting in the way of my crafting, 
not enough time to do it all.
 
I did have time to play today and decided to make a canvas
 and use left over pieces of card and paper to paper block
my canvas and a Wendy Vecchi dots and stripes stencil.
 
 
I cut out some hearts from spellbinders dies and layered them up, glueing
down just one side to give some movement.
 
I added a couple of hearts with dimensional paste and used gilding wax
 
 
 
I used a charcoal pencil and smudged it on the edges of my papers
and stamped the Sheena Douglass wording and coloured to match
 
 
I will enter this weeks creation into the following
and
 
thanks for looking - until next time x
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, Just saw your nifty project over at the Snippet Playground and popped by to say Hello. Loved reading how you created all the elements on this pretty piece. Liked the stenciled hearts & you really did achieve movement on this with your hearts placed as they were. Love the color scheme you chose..Nice to meet you and hope to enjoy more of your work as I visit. Hope you'll find time to visit, and I don't see a place to join as a follower. So TFS & see ya again in the Snippets Playground I hope. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Hope you're having fun in the Snippets Playground. I'll see you on the swings later!

    Love this canvas. So detailed.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny! This is so pretty and what a clever idea to just stick down one half of the hearts - looks great.

    Playing commenting catch up here!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab use of snippets. I too like the idea of gluing down only one half of the leaf to give movement. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete