Saturday, 6 June 2015

Stamping or no stamping?



Good Evening all

Thought I would post a card I made today seeing as the weather in Perthshire was horrible this morning and although it is still windy the sun is now shining and it is a lovely evening.
 
I decided to make a card to fit in with Hels Sheridan Sunday Stamper challenge, which this week is no stamping.  I know cutting it to the wire as the cut off is 2100 this evening.   Where does a week go!!!!!
 
I wanted to play with backgrounds and started off with 120gsm copy paper and 3 distress inks, persimmon, dusty concorde and pickled raspberry which I sprayed with water and dried with a heat gun.
 
 
Not happy, bored with it already and it looks like a blotchy mess - often does to start with, so I decided it needed a bit of bling.  Out came my new dyna paints violet blue, blue black and orange yellow and I went over the distress inks with a watered down mix of the paints and then sprayed it with water and dried it.
 
 
Just a small amount of each and sprayed with a water mister, 6 or 7 sprays and each one mixed with the water and them put it through Sheena Douglass's taste of india mandala embossing folder and used empire gold gilding wax over the raised areas. The picture really does not show the bling.
 
 
I used another background I had made using H20's and dyna paints and embossed with sheena's floral india 5x7 folder and used the renaissance gold gilding wax to highlight the raised areas.  I then used a rectangular die to cut it out. and the gilding wax around the outside edge
 
 
This was cut out and mounted onto purple card and the background was mounted onto purple and black card.  I layered the background onto my A5 folded card and added some ribbon trim
to the side and mounted the 5x7 panel on top.
 


I added a Tim Holtz word band at the bottom and my card is finished with no stamping.

Happy Stamping (or not) until next time x

 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Ooh this is a beauty...and go you for not adding a stamped sentiment... it is so hard isn't it!!! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is grogeous! Just popping by from the inkettes FB group to say hello :)

    ReplyDelete