Friday, 15 January 2016

Tutorial for making fuchsia flowers using Sheena Douglass Dies and Stamps

Good Evening crafters
 
This is the second attempt at a blog post this evening as it lost my first one!!
 
Gill Sansom has asked me to remind her how to make up the fuchsia flowers, I don't have step by step pictures so please let me know if this makes sense or not?
 
 
 
I used 120GSM copy paper and cut 3 layers at a time using the dies pictured.
 
 
 
Once cut I separated the layers and I coloured them with Spectrum Noir pens (you can use any medium you like).  I laid my stamp face up on my craft sheet and inked it and then lined up my die cut over the top and pressed down onto it. 
Sheena showed this technique and it is much easier to line up the stamp this way.  
Place glue (I use Colall tacky glue as it dries quickly) on the back of the stamen piece and roll from one side to the other making a narrow tube.   Leave the parts to dry completely as they are delicate when wet and strengthen once dried.

Make a hole through the centre of each of the flowers
  You will need 2 rounded and one pointed flower piece for each flower.  Push the stamen through the hole of each of the rounded flower pieces, one on top of another and add a dot of glue before adding the final pointed flower.  Sheena kept the stamped side of the flowers uppermost so the detail is seen from the top.
 
The small curved piece is curved round the stamen and glued in place.  If your leaves are covering the flower tops you can leave this off.  It covers wire if you are wiring stems .

 
I started to play with the flowers once I had mad a few by shaping the petals with a ball tool and adding wire stems.  I glittered some of the ends of the stamens.
 
I hope this has helped, please let me know if you think I have missed anything! 
 
Thank you for taking the time to read by blog and I look forward to seeing you next time, Good night xx

2 comments:

  1. perfect thanks! nice and straight forward instructions just how I like them . your'e a star Jenny will show you my results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jenny,

    Perfect instructions, love the Fushias.

    Love & hUgs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete