Sunday, 7 August 2016

Inspiration Post Monday 8 August 2016

Good Morning all


Welcome to my little world of crafty heaven.  
As part of Sheena Douglass's design team we are all taking it in turns to post a project made using Sheena's stamps, which hopefully will give you some inspiration for your crafting.
I admit I find scenes hard and have been practicing to try and improve.   Using Sheenas' stamps really helps as the shading and artwork are all there to make life easy for us.  This is a card I have made using the A little bit Scenic Sea Scapes stamps.
                         
I started by stamping my image with versafine on watercolour card and letting it dry then using the pebeo drawing gum I painted out the images to protect them.   Using aquatints 05 and 07 . I sponged them onto my background,

I then put a couple of drops of aqua tint 07 and 08 and the opaque white onto my craft sheet. I started to sponge it on to give a texture look to the sky with the 08 and the opaque white.


I used a brush to flick the colours onto the water to give the look of waves with the different blues and the white.  When happy I rubbed off the gum and painted the images with distress inks.  Using the shading lines to give a 3D look.   I used chipped sapphire and black soot ink on the edges with cut and dry foam.


I used an 8x8 card blank.  Mounted the picture on black card edged with a sparkle pen,  added ribbon to the bottom and used the sea shell stamps.  These were coloured with the sparkle pens


Finally I added the sentiment, stamped on card which had been used to mop up the sparkle pen residue off my mat. I used the sparkle pens beige sable and biscuit to add some sparkle on the lighthouse and the sea line and a little on the fence.

Thank you for visiting, the next inspiration post will be on Thursday11 August and will be by Julie Stafford. xx

3 comments:

  1. Stunning, such a lovely project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I really struggle with perspective and am trying hard to improve, which is why I go for texture and colour x

      Delete
  2. wowser Jenny, this is lush! Love the whole concept, the sea looks so real you have done a fabulous job with all the colouring. Well done
    Love & hugs

    Jacquie xxxx

    ReplyDelete