Monday, 7 November 2016

Sheena's design team - Inspiration Post

Good Morning all

Welcome to my blog it's my turn today to hopefully inspire you today.  After seeing all the samples from the design team for the Time Travellers, Perfect Partners collection, it was a sample Jacquie did with wings and the clock face that reminded me of the stamps I have and haven't used them for ages.  Adele used the wings with the day of the dead skull and also with the clock face.

So - I decided I wanted to make a canvas.  So here I go, settle down with a cuppa and the story will begin.
A couple of years ago I made an owl using Sheena's feather stamp and he is now looking a bit shabby so time to take him apart and as we crafters do, I have kept all the feathers.

 
I started by painting the canvas with white gesso, these are the stamps from
 "A little bit sketchy range"
 
Next step was to pick my distress inks and swipe them down the length of the canvas.

 
Iced spruce,
Frayed Burlap
Pumice stone
Then a large damp brush over it to blend the colours.  I kept doing this and drying in between until I had the look I wanted
I forgot to take a couple of pics as I got carried away.  I sprayed the canvas with some water and let the colours merge a little and dried it off.
Using the feather stamps all sizes apart from the biggest one I stamped onto the canvas with a book underneath.  I just spray the back of the stamps with stick and spray and use my fingers as the stamp block.
I decide at this point it needed some texture so used green pebeo acrylic paint mixed with a little modelling paste and pebeo copper dyna paint.  Using the edge of a palatte knife  
I added the texture and also through a Sheena Stencil and let it dry.
 
I coloured some white card with the distress inks and stamped my sentiments and the wings ( one set in black) and embossed. I used gilding wax to enhance the wings.  The feathers from my owl were added to the canvas with tacky glue where I had stamped.  I also used a sentiment, cog and clock minus the chain from the Time travellers set.

The final canvas.  I hope you have found this useful and look forward to seeing you next time 
Thank you  Jenny x
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment